On Tuesday Ashley, Alyssa and I went up to Silver Lake to visit friends. My good friend Rachel and her girls Taylor (3) and Riley (1) were at Rachel's family cottage on the Lake Michigan side of the sand dunes. It was a beautiful day to be at the beach- the water was even pretty warm (for Lake Michigan) and the girls had a blast running in the water and playing in the sand. The little girls were not quite as sure about the lake as the bigger girls, but everyone had a great time and lots of sand was brought back to show for it!! We ended the day at Craig's Cruisers in Silver Lake for some go-kart driving and princess crowns. What a great way to bring an end to summer- eventhough I hope we still have lots of warm weather ahead!
Ashley started off watching everyone else and then decided that the lake was pretty fun.
Riley was also not too sure about the water and cried everytime Rachel tried to bring her in- she was also very content to watch from the shore.
Ashley did finally convince me to go in- I haven't been to the beach in forever so it was really fun to get back in the lake!
Rachel's dog Austin was also along so Ashley had a good time throwing a stick in the water for him!
Once Ashley and Taylor decided they were done in the water, there were mudpies made for everyone- they were delicious!
Watch out in 13 years these girls will actually be on the road! Maybe they will have increased the driving age by then!
The day ended with two princesses who had lots of fun and were ready to be done!

1 comment:
I'm so glad you're blogging. Yeah!!! The beach looks like great fun. I'm so jealous.
Post a Comment